We are currently seeking support for a new school in our area. We may share this information with the Department of Education as part of our application for a new school.
Our aim is to create ‘Palmerston Forts Special School’ for high functioning pupils with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). It will be an Outstanding Free School ensuring academic and social success for our pupils by maintaining a flexible, supportive and adaptive approach for all our pupils from Key stage 2-4.
Our vision is to provide:
* A high quality specialist provision in which children with autism across the 9 – 16 age range will thrive.
* Opportunities to be part of a community.
* A broad and balanced curriculum aimed at creating an educational experience that prepares pupils for adult life. The curriculum offer will conform to national government expectations, catering for a range of abilities by providing a number of learning pathways that lead to a variety of post school destinations.
* A physical environment and teaching approaches that have been created in response to sensitivity to the particular needs of children with autism.
* A wide range of opportunities to access external agencies such as occupational therapy, CAMHs and CIT to support individual needs.
* An inclusive environment in which pupils feel safe and confident.
* Support so that pupils are happy and make outstanding progress academically, socially and in the development of their independence skills.
* Supportive experiences to the families of its pupils.
* A positive choice for parents.
Please click on the link below to complete our parent survey.